What's new in pediatric rheumatology?
1. An online tool that helps teens with juvenile idiopathic arthritis improve their quality of life
2. Recently released evidence-based guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus
3. Good news about the response to treatment in the majority of children with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis
1. Stinson JN, Campillo S, Cellucci T, et al. A randomized controlled trial (RCT) of an internet-based self-management program for adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA). Presented at 2017 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting; San Diego, CA; October 26, 2017. Abstract 2952.
2. Groot N, de Graeff N, Avcin T, et al. European evidence-based recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: the SHARE initiative. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1788-1796.
3. Morishita KA, Moorthy LN, Lubieniecka JM, et al. Early outcomes in children with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1470-1479. doi: 10.1002/art.40112.